Following the world premiere livestream held by MAPPA on September 19, the official Chainsaw Man website and accounts released a brand new trailer for the upcoming anime, additionally announcing the opening and 12 ending themes and artists, as well as additional cast for five more characters for the series.
Kenshi Yonezu will perform the opening theme “KICK BACK,” with the following artists performing the ending themes for each of the twelve episodes (the order does not reflect which song will be performed in each episode).
- “HAWATARI NIKU CENTI (“2-hundred-million-centimeter-long blades”) by MAXIMUM THE HORMONE (will also be used as an insert song)
- “ALL KINDS OF KISSES” by ano
- “Fight Song” by eve
- “Deep Down” by Aimer
- “Rendezvous” by Kanaria
- “In the Back Room” by syudou
- “Violence” by QUEEN BEE
- “Time Left” by ZUTOMAYO
- “first death” by TK from Ling tosite sigure
- “tablet” by TOOBOE
- “CHAINSAW BLOOD” by Vaundy
- “DOGLAND” by PEOPLE 1
The newly announced cast includes:
Shiori Izawa (Nanachi in Made in Abyss) as Pochita
Mariya Ise (Killua in Hunter x Hunter) as Himeno
Karin Takahashi (Suika in Dr.STONE) as Kobeni Higashiyama
Taku Yashiro (Vulcan Joseph in Fire Force) as Hirokazu Arai
Kenjiro Tsuda (Kento Nanami in JUJUTSU KAISEN) as Kishibe
The previously announced staff and cast are as follows:
- Director: Ryu Nakayama (JUJUTSU KAISEN Episode 19 Director)
- Screenplay: Hiroshi Seko (Mob Psycho 100, JUJUTSU KAISEN)
- Character Design: Kazutaka Sugiyama (Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation)
- Action Animation Director: Tatsuya Yoshihara (Black Clover, Yatterman Night)
- Assistant Director: Masato Nakazono (JUJUTSU KAISEN, SSSS.Gridman)
- Devil Design: Kiyotaka Oshiyama (Flip Flappers, Space Dandy)
- Background Art Director: Yusuke Takeda (Vinland Saga, JUJUTSU KAISEN)
- Color Design: Naomi Nakano (Sword Art Online: Alicization)
- Screen design: Yosuke Miyahara (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans)
- Music: Kensuke Ushio (A Silent Voice, Devilman Crybaby)
- Animation Producer: Keisuke Seshimo (JUJUTSU KAISEN)
- Kikunosuke Toya as Denji
- Tomori Kusunoki (Natsume in Deca-Dence) as Makima
- Shogo Sakata (Karin Sasaki in Fire Force) as Aki Hayakawa
- Fairouz Ai (Jolyne Kujo in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean) as Power
VIZ Media releases the manga in English, with all eleven volumes of Part 1 out now. Chainsaw Man Part 2 began serialization on the Shonen Jump+ digital manga magazine, Shonen Jump app and Manga Plus app on July 13. Chainsaw Man volume 12, the first volume containing Part 2, was also announced, scheduled to release in Japan on October 4. Crunchyroll will stream the series as it airs in Japan when it broadcasts this October. The series is described as such:
Denji is a teenage boy living with a Chainsaw Devil named Pochita. Due to the debt his father left behind, he has been living a rock-bottom life while repaying his debt by harvesting devil corpses with Pochita.
One day, Denji is betrayed and killed. As his consciousness fades, he makes a contract with Pochita and gets revived as “Chainsaw Man” — a man with a devil’s heart.
Kyle Cardine is a Managing Editor for Crunchyroll. You can find his Twitter here.