Some fresh details have arrived for Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim, the upcoming anime film directed by Kenji Kamiyama (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) and produced by Sola Entertainment. The movie is slated to premiere on April 21, 2024, and the latest update introduces a handful of English voice cast members to the project.
RELATED: Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim Anime Film Slated For April 2024 Premiere
Key cast members revealed include:
- Brian Cox (Succession) as Helm Hammerhand
- Gaia Wise (A Walk in the Woods) as Hera
- Miranda Otto (returning from The Lord of the Rings trilogy) as Éowyn/narrator
- Luke Pasqualino (Snowpiercer) as Wulf
- Lorraine Ashbourne (Bridgerton)
- Yazdan Qafouri (I Came By)
- Benjamin Wainwright (World on Fire)
- Laurence Ubong Williams (Gateway)
- Shaun Dooley (The Witcher)
- Michael Wildman (Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw)
- Jude Akuwudike (Beasts of No Nation)
- Bilal Hasna (Sparks)
- Janine Duvitski (Benidorm)
As previously reported, Philippa Boyens is serving as executive producer, while Phoebe Gittins and writing partner Arty Papageorgiou are handling the screenplay based on a script from Jeffrey Addiss and Will Matthews. The creative team also includes Richard Taylor, makeup and visual effects artist for The Lord of the Rings, along with Tolkien illustrator John Howe.
RELATED: Anime Director Kenji Kamiyama To Helm Lord Of The Rings Anime Film Prequel War of the Rohirrim
Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim is set 183 years before the events depicted in the original The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Helm and the people of what will later come to be known as Helm’s Deep must make a daring last stand when the Dunlending lord Wulf launches a sudden attack. Can Helm’s daughter Hera find the strength to lead the resistance against this deadly foe?
Joseph Luster is the Games and Web editor at Otaku USA Magazine and the Editor-in-Chief of Sci Fi Magazine. You can read his comics at subhumanzoids. Follow him on Twitter @Moldilox.