Following the live-action series, the next stop for Kakegurui Twin—the spinoff of Homura Kawamoto and Toru Naomura’s Kakegurui gambling manga—is an anime adaptation, and a bunch of details have been revealed. The series is coming to Netflix on August 4, and you can see a new promo and key visual below, followed by a look at the cast and staff making it all happen.
RELATED: Netflix Announces Its 2021/2022 Anime Slate With a Few Surprises
Check out the trailer—which features the “Queen’s Bluff” ending theme song by i☆Ris—below.
return to Hyakkao Private Academy again! “KAKEGURUI TWIN” begins streaming worldwide on August 4, only on Netflix! ???? pic.twitter.com/jdA8K3JItx
— Netflix Anime (@NetflixAnime) June 5, 2022
- Original Creators: Homura Kawamoto and Kei Saiki
- Chief Director: Yuichiro Hayashi (Kakegurui director)
- Director: Kaori Makita (Twittering Birds Never Fly)
- Series Composition: Shigeru Murakoshi (The Gymnastics Samurai)
- Character Design: Manabu Nii
- Chief Animation Director: Manabu Nii, Shuji Takahara, Majiro
- Art Director: Masanobu Nomura, Yuki Yokoyama
- Color Setting: Ayako Suenaga
- 3D CGI Director: Masahiro Hiraoka
- Photography: Shinnosuke Kato
- Editing: Mutsumi Takemiya
- Sound Director: Akiko Fujita
- Sound Effects: Hiromune Kurahashi
- Music: TECHNOBOYS PULCRAFT GREEN-FUND
- Opening & Ending Theme Song Performer: i☆Ris
- Music Production: avex pictures
- Animation Production: MAPPA
Here’s how Netflix describes it:
This series tells the story of Mary Saotome’s gambling feats one year before Yumeko Jabami transferred to her school. The story begins with Mary Saotome, a normal girl, entering the academy.
Sources: Netflix, Comic Natalie
Joseph Luster is the Games and Web editor at Otaku USA Magazine and the Editor-in-Chief of Sci Fi Magazine. You can read his comics at subhumanzoids. Follow him on Twitter @Moldilox.